IJ Start Canon– To install and run Canon IJ Setup, you can follow the instructions given below. The IJ Start Canon can be used for printing, scanning, network settings, and more. Once you have installed this package, you can use its functions effectively.
The Canon IJ printer driver (just called the printer driver below) is software that you install onto your computer so that it can communicate with the printer.
The printer driver will convert the printing data created by your application software into data that your printer can understand, and will then send the converted data to the printer
Because different types and types of printers will also support different data formats, that you need a printer driver and software that supports your printer.
Installing the Printer Driver
- To install the normal printer driver, you can install the driver from Start Setup Again on the setup CD-ROM that came with your printer, but if you don’t have it then you can download it from ij start canon site.
- To install the XPS driver, please load the Setup CD-ROM that came with the printer, then select XPS Driver from Add Software printer.
Specifying the Printer Driver
- To specify the printer driver, the step you need to do is open the Print dialog box of the application software you are using, and then you select “Canon X” (where “X” is the model name of the printer you are using) to specify regular printer driver or select “Canon X XPS” (where ” X “is your model name) to specify the XPS printer driver.
Displays the Manual of the Printer Driver
- To display a setup tab description from the printer driver settings screen, click Help on that tab.
IJ Start Canon Utility Mac
Learn how to manage Canon IJ Printer Utility functions on your Mac.
What IJ Print Utility can do
With this utility, you can perform tasks from Mac ® such as:
- Cleaning – to prevent smudges on prints and to clean printhead clogs.
- Test Print – to check the health of the printheads and adjust the print head position.
- Power Settings – to monitor and change the printer power usage.
- Ink Level Information – this functions to check the level of remaining ink that you have used.
- Ink Cartridge Settings – to select which cartridges to use.
- Silent Setting – to adjust the operating sounds of the printer.
- Custom Settings – to change printer settings.
Launch IJ Printer Utility
- Make sure your printer is on.
- In the Apple ® menu on your computer, choose System Preferences.
- Depending on your Mac OS X ® version, choose one of the following:
- Print & Scan.
- Printers & Scanners.
- Print & Fax.
- Then Navigate to the printer utility for your OS:
- For OS 10.5.8: Select your printer from the list> Open Print Queue ….> Select Utilities when the list of print jobs is displayed.
- For OS 10.6 to 10.9: Select the Utility tab> Open Printer Utility.
- For OS 10.10 to 10.15 operating systems: Select your printer from the list and then select Options & Supplies.
- On the Utility tab, select Open Printer Utility.
Additional steps (if you have AirPrint drivers)
Note If the Utility tab does not appear after you select Options & Supplies, you can use the AirPrint driver instead of the CUPS printer driver. In this case, you will see Driver Version 2.0.
If you are using the CUPS printer driver, the version number will look something like the one shown below:
If you are using the AirPrint driver with a model that has a CUPS printer driver, you will need to download and install the driver for your computer. Open Canon Support and enter your printer name in the search box.
- Select Go> Drivers & Downloads.
- At the bottom of the page, select the CUPS printer driver for your printer. Download and install.
- Then, click the minus sign (-) to remove the printer from the printer list.
- Click the plus sign (+) to add more printers. A new window opens
- In the Use: column, select Canon #### series (where #### represents your printer model), then select the Add button.
IJ Start Canon Utility Windows
Here is how to download and launch Canon IJ Scan Utility for Windows
- Go to the Canon Support Page
- Type your printer model name into the search box and then select from the list of printer types that appear.
- The “Drivers & Downloads” confirmation is highlighted in red.
- Select “Drivers” under “Select a Category” (which will now highlight them in red).
- Confirm your operating system is selected under “Select and an Operating System”.
- Locate and select MP Driver and then click “Download” in red.
- Follow these steps to run IJ Scan Utility:
- Windows 10:
- From the Start menu, select All Apps
- Canon Utilities
- IJ Scan Utility.
- If you do not see it, then type IJ Scan Utility in the search bar.
- Windows 8 / 8.1:
- Select IJ Scan Utility on the Start screen.
- If IJ Scan Utility is not displayed, select the Search charm, then search for IJ Scan Utility.
- Windows 10:
- Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP:
- From the Start menu, select All Programs
- Canon Utilities
- IJ Scan Utility
- IJ Scan Utility.